Friday, January 22, 2010

Skinfood Allantoin clear mascara


Skinfood Allantoin clear mascara
Price: $4.50 (4500won)
Clear mascara might possibly be one of the most pointless makeup products out there. I have no idea why it exists… It’s not like it’s a top coat for mascara. I have one of those, although I think they are pretty pointless too.
What in the world is the point of having a clear Mascara? Seriously, someone comment and explain it to me!
I have fairly well behaved eyebrows (complete topic change I know, but bear with me). But I like to have perfect eyebrows.
Back in Canada I use a cheap New York Color (ie. Walmart) brow powder and wax.
The wax is sooo wonderful, it makes my brows lay perfectly flat without making them hard.
Here in Korea, there are tons of Brow powders, but nothing to make the brows keep their shape, or to stick down fly away hairs.
Sure I can use hair wax (I know you’re thinking well duh.) But that’s completely impractical for carrying around in my purse, or travel, or…
Hence the clear mascara.

But… The mascara doesn’t do anything….. At all…  It just… sits there. It’s not like actual mascara, it doesn’t seem to coat anything, or glue anything together. It basically even more useless than I thought. Which is completely perplexing to me.
So hair wax it is.

10 comments:

  1. LOL clear mascara is so stupid. I agree. I always thought that it would be good as a brow gel... I guess not? And I agree, hair wax is kinda impractical for travel. Have you tried the Maybeline great lash in clear? I heard that people buy it for that usage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Y, you could always use it as brow gel lol! It's silly though, unless u have super long lashes that u want to have some shine but i think it's a waste lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought clear mascara was like a primer, you put it before your coloured mascara and it glides on easier/no clumping..etc idk idk try that? haha

    Also, I've used that nyc eyebrow gel too but I end up just sticking with Vaseline. :P:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnpEgUlJQTc

    This should explain why you need a clear mascara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have very thick and black lashes. If I wear black mascara, they get very dramatic. So, using clear mascara just grooms them, curls them a bit and they look tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :P I think we all wish for that problem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vaseline, good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a good thing my brows are unruly i guess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. maybe i should just let my brows be messy while travelling... No one but me will ever notice!

    ReplyDelete