Saturday, May 15, 2010

Skinfood Salmon brightening eye serum


Skinfood Salmon brightening eye serum
Cosemecutical
Containing arbutin and the extracts of Omega 3-rich salmon roe produced in Hokkaido, japan, this eye serum brightens and relieves dark circles arount the eyes.

It seems peculiar to have an eye serum. Does that mean it's supposed to be layered with a eyecream also? Plus, it says it's a cosmecutecial. Suggesting it's supposed to be used before makeup?
I'm not quite sure to be honest what it's supposed to do.

Scent- It does not smell like fish! Yay! It's got a very very faint scent, nothing I can pin down, just faintly perfumed.
Texture- Peculiar for a serum this is creamy.... 
Effectivness- It absorbs beautifully. So if it is meant to be layered under makeup or an eyecream it's definetly light enough to do so.
Beyond absorbtion I'm not sure how well it works... It definetly not a cosmetic, though 'Cosmecutical' suggest an immediate result...  I've used it for a number of days straight, with no significant effect. Although since I've only had a couple of sample packs to use I really can't say.
Buy?- No... It doesn't seem like a bad product, ambiguous yes... But not bad. But it has also done nothing for my dark circles, so unless I hear some good reviews of it, it's a pass.

2 comments:

  1. I often wondered if this smelled iffy! Thank goodness it doesnt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the Omega-3s should work in the long run. Glad it doesn't smell like fish. That would be yikes!

    ReplyDelete